In an effort to defray some of the traveling costs for graduate students attending the Italian American Studies Association annual conference, the association has set aside limited funds for student travel.
Full-time graduate students at any level of study whose papers have been accepted for presentation at the Italian American Studies Association conference for the year in which funds are being requested.
Graduate students must be in good standing (i.e., fully enrolled, degree-seeking; with proof of working in a timely manner on degree requirements; no academic probation, etc.) and, if they do not win one year, may reapply in subsequent for subsequent conferences.
N.B. This is a separate application process from the Memorial Fellowship. Qualified graduate students may apply for both.
Decisions will be based on the following:
- Proof of acceptance for presentation at the upcoming IASA conference;
- Evidence of good standing and timely progress toward degree requirements;
- Previous IASA travel awards;
- Travel distance between home institution and conference location;
- Quantity of funding secured from other sources; and
- Quality and originality of abstract
PLEASE UPLOAD THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS IN .DOC(X) OR PDF FORMAT TO SUBMITTABLE:
● Cover letter: Please include home institution/primary professional affiliation, year and program of study, and dissertation title or details about your area of specialization. Then include the title of your accepted paper, your travel plan, full budget, requested amount for the award, and proof of financial support received from home institution or outside sources.
● A scanned copy of your unofficial transcript as proof of your good standing.
● Forwarded email with the IASA presentation acceptance from panel organizer.
● Conference abstract.
For any questions about the application process, please contact Fellowship/Award Committee, Colleen Ryan at email@example.com
DEADLINE: TBD (based on confirmation of our next in-person conference in the US or abroad)
Late or incomplete applications will not be considered. Recipients of travel awards will be notified via email and the award funding will be sent in the form of a check by regular mail.